At Avery Associates we believe in the recycling of all materials where possible, and, where this cannot be done, in the safe disposal of all waste, using either local authority waste disposal amenities, or our own recycling facilities. Our target is the recycling of 85% of everything we process, a goal we have achieved in 3 of the last 4 years.
Recycling saves energy and enables us to reduce our carbon emissions.
We are proud to say that recently, and as a result of our networking and major assistance from our charitable associates, we have been able to organise the re-use of substantial amounts of furniture and effects gathered from house clearances.
Many of these items are donated to local furniture charities for free distribution or heavily discounted prices to help the needy and underprivileged.
For further information on how you can help please contact us.
We work with London Remade, a commercial recycling organisation, our partner in our quest to reduce the environmental impact of waste disposal in London.
Reducing Carbon Emissions
Avery Associates is working to reduce the environmental impact of our operations to a minimum. By recycling up to 85% of the materials we receive, we are already having a significant impact in reducing energy use, and hence carbon emissions, because it is far more efficient to reuse than to manufacture.
However, we are also concerned that we use significant amounts of energy in our operations and are working to reduce this. As a result of an energy audit in 2005, we have implemented the following measures:
- All vehicles comply with the stringent emission standards imposed by the London Low Emission Zone, even if they do not enter the London area.
- We have installed low energy lighting in our offices, and no computers or other devices are left on standby when the office is not attended.
- We have introduced energy awareness training for our staff and part of their brief is to look for energy saving opportunities wherever possible.
- We are committed to the reduction of our energy use in the future and will continuously monitor our operations to ensure the highest levels of energy efficiency. In addition, we undertake formal energy audits every 6 months.
- All our vehicles are fitted with satellite navigation systems to minimise wasted fuel by ensuring that they use the shortest possible routes.
The future of the planet and that of our children depends on the decisions we make today. At Jeffrey Avery and Associates we want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
Avery Associates has been awarded certificate of accreditation by the Going Green organisation, in recognition of our commitment to running our business in a way which minimises as far as possible our impact on the environment.