How Do I Value A House And It’s Contents For Probate?
Avery Associates are registered Art and Antique Valuers specialising in all aspects in regard to the valuation of deceased estate’s for the purposes of probate, and have been providing RICS valuation for probate of house contents, chattels and property for many years. We are fully conversant with all probate services, and matters relating to estate administration and our valuations for probate purposes are accurately compiled, fully compliant with Section 160 of the Inheritance Tax Act 1984 and ready to submit to the Inland Revenue for Inheritance Tax calculations.
Probate Valuation Of House Contents
We can explain how to get a house, it’s contents, vehicles, fine art, antiques and anything that makes up part of the deceased estate for valuation for the purposes of probate. Free consultations are available by calling Jeffrey Avery directly on 07967 646499 alternatively via or head office on 0208 640 0044. For advice regarding probate and fees follow this link Probate Faq’s
Our Range Of Specialist Valuations & Appraisals
- Pop Memorabilia – Our Pop & Film Memorabilia Expert worked for a leading international auctioneer in London for more than twenty years and is one of the most knowlegable in his field
- Old Masters & Oil Paintings – Our Old Masters Expert worked for a leading international auctioneer in London for more than twenty five years and has valued, severale very important collections of old masters and contemporay art during this time
- Autographs, Unseen Photograph Archives, Animation Artwork, Props, Musical Instruments & Costume – This subject is also covered by Pop Memorabilia specialist as it is linked quite closely
- Antique Furniture & Fine Art – Accurate valuation of antique furniture fine art and paintings
- Jewellery Gold Silver & Items of Virtue – Valuation of fine antique jewellrey, modern and costume items, gold silver and items of virtue
- Film, Television, Important Movie Posters & Memorabilia
- Coins & Banknotes – Detailed valuation of gold, silver and bronze coins, old banknotes and bullion
- Medals and Awards – Detailed valuation of 1 & 11 World War, “British & Commonwealth”, “Empire”, “Victory”, Victorian and all military or civil medals and awards
- Rare Books & Ephemera – Valuation of rare and antiquarian books,ephemera and works on paper
- Stamp Valuation – Rare stamps and 1st day covers as well as large stamp collections
- Vinyl Record Valuation – Rare vinyl records Lp’s 45’s and 78’s and large collections
- Motorcar Valuation – The valuation of motor vehicles, modern vintage and classic cars
- Boats & Marine Vessels – Valuation of boats, yachts, narrowboats, jet skis and all other marine vessels
- General Household Contents Valuation – Detailed valuation of furniture, electrical goods, home entertainment, and general household effects
- Property Valuation – Accurate valuation of domestic and commercial property, retail premises, holiday homes, farms and smallholdings
More Information on our Probate Valuation Services
We deal directly with solicitors and executors and with our experience and in depth knowledge of all types of probate valuation we are able to provide an accurate written valuation for probate along with any other documentation necessary to satisfy Inland Revenue therefore making the probate valuation of house contents or property as easy as possible. Our Inheritance Tax valuation of chattels is compiled by a RICS valuer, and will detail antiques, art, jewellery, collectables, charity donations and general household effects, as well as bequests and our probate property valuation is fully red book compliant. We specialise in valuing chattels for probate.
Obtaining a professional probate valuation has become more important than ever, in recent times, as there have been an increasing number of cases where the valuation has been the subject of Inland Revenue investigations, usually where it has been carried out by an unqualified valuer. As we specialise in this field, we are pleased to say that we have not encountered any problems or disputes with regard to our written probate valuation reports, and as a result, this has never been an obstacle to our clients obtaining probate.
Probate Valuation of Chattels
Probate valuations of chattels are handled by our experienced team, so our probate valuation reports are generated quickly by our probate valuers. We can usually return our report within five working days unless research is needed and in this case it can take up to ten days. In urgent cases we are able to provide a written probate report within 24 hours, for further information on our 24 hour probate services please contact Jeffrey Avery directly.
Our team members are all specialists in their chosen field and are experienced probate valuers, with extensive knowledge in all aspects of property, antique and fine art valuation. We are more than happy to give professional advice in matters of estate administration and valuation of chattels. This advice also extends to executors and trustees on valuations of chattels for Capital Gains Tax, Conditional Exemption, and the Acceptance in Lieu scheme, advise on how to sell at auction, rental agreements and private treaty sales. Any other circumstances will almost certainly be covered within our full range of probate services.
During the valuation we will establish the higher value items and identify any specific bequests, if any in a separate list.
Written Probate Reports
Our written probate report will itemise higher value items, bequests or items for family division and the lower value items will be valued collectively all with a clear indication of the market value of each relevant item within the estate, then finally we will provide you with our written probate valuation report that will list the relevant chattels at market values. Copies of the report can be provided if required.
Our probate fees are very competitive, fairly priced and always fixed before any work is started, and staff will be available at all times for assistance and support ensuring a smooth process throughout.
If executors decide to sell items from the estate, we can assist. We have wide network of specialist buyers and contacts within the leading London and provincial auction firms, so we are able to get the best results and net returns by placing art or antiques in the most suitable market place. We are able to advise executors of the best places to sell and up to date information on market trends and results, and our art valuers and antique valuers are always on hand for help and advice. We also provide art valuations and antique valuations for the purposes of insurance. And if required we are also able to arrange the transportation of fine art and antiques to auction or any other destination on your behalf
The Complete Probate Service
Finally, we are able arrange the removal of all remaining house contents and residue as part of our fully comprehensive service. We have been providing an efficient, speedy and professional house clearance services for executors and firms of solicitors for many years making the whole probate process a simple and straightforward matter on your behalf.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and can offer expert advice on your specific circumstances in the strictest confidence and without obligation. You can call us on 0800 567 7769 or use the quick-contact form on the right of this page.