Avery Associates offer a complete range of house clearance services in London and throughout the south of England.
As a long established house clearing company, Avery Associates have all the experience and resources required to carry out all kinds of property clearance and probate house clearance work. We are licensced waste carriers, and if you require the removal of household goods and waste, so that your property is left clean, tidy, and empty for sale, or transfer to a landlord, we can help.
Complete Clearance Solutions – London, Southern England and Nationwide
We can clear all types of property, our house clearing services include
- Houses of all sizes and types
- House clearance after bereavement of deceased belongings
- Flats, even where there is no lift, or access is restricted
- City centre properties where parking is difficult
- Commercial premises, including factories and industrial units, shops and offices
- Storage facilities
- Farms and smallholdings
- Gardens and areas of land, including the removal of trees, undergrowth, sheds, vehicles, etc
- Deceased house clearance
As part of a house clearance, we also offer additional services, including
- Deep cleaning: Following a dirty house clearance, we can clean and sanitise heavily contaminated bathrooms, kitchens, toilets, or other rooms as required. This includes the cleaning of carpets and walls.
- Pest Control: The removal of insects, rodents and other pests.
- Securing your property: If required we can arrange for a locksmith to change the locks, and can drain down the central heating system and header tanks to prevent burst pipes.
- Garden maintenance: We can maintain the garden on a regular basis, and keep it clear of rubbish, so that the property appears cared for, so as to prevent illegal dumping and vandalism.
- Illegal occupation (squatting): After eviction, we can clear and clean the property, secure windows and doors, and provide on site 24 hour security to prevent a recurrence.
- Hazardous waste disposal. If during a house clearance we encounter hazardous waste, including chemicals which were sold without restriction when purchased but which have subsequently been banned, such as some types of organophosphate pesticides, we can arrange for them to be disposed of in compliance with current UK legislation.
We are aware that a house clearance is often required in difficult circumstances, such as bereavement, and we pride ourselves on our expertise in carrying out our services with care, discretion, in a dignified way and with as little disruption as possible.
In particular, we will always:
- Take great care not to damage communal hallways, entrances, garden paths, gates and fences.
- Use closed vehicles so that personal effects are not visible to the public
- Ensure that confidential documents, photographs, valuables etc, if discovered during a house clearance, are brought to the attention of the executors & relatives.
- Ensure that staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement which prevents them from disclosing any details of the house clearance, to any third party.
Compliance with statutory requirements and good practice
We are fully licensed by the Department of the Environment as waste carriers, and are insured against all third party risks. We carry out the disposal of all kinds of waste resulting from house clearance in a manner which complies in every way with environmental standards, good practice, and the relevant law. (Eg, WEEE, the European directive on the disposal of electronic waste.)
Caring for the environment
We take great care to ensure that our operations have minimal environmental impact. We do this be taking responsibility for the goods we handle during a property clearance. We have three methods of disposal:
- Re-use: We do our utmost to ensure that as much as possible of the material we handle as a result of a house clearance is re-used. Re-use is more environmentally friendly than recycling, because there is no processing of any type involved. We donate items of furniture to charities and non profit organizations, which means that they are fully utilized.
- Recycling: Where re-use is not possible, we arrange for recyclable materials to be processed by local authorities. This includes paper, glass, plastic and metals.
- Responsible disposal: Only the residue of non reusable material is disposed of using local authority refuse amenities. At present, we either re-use or recycle 90% everything we handle.
Help us to help you
If you instruct us to clear your property, we suggest that you separate and clearly label items to be retained, and advise us of their presence so we can make sure that your instructions are carried out exactly as requested.
Where possible, notify the neighbors and co-tenants (in a block of flats, for example), that we are clearing the property, and assure them that there will be minimal disruption, although a small amount of noise cannot be avoided.
If you require some items to be retained and transported elsewhere, please let us know a few days before, so that we can put the necessary arrangements in place.
Our aim is to run our business fairly, honestly and in an environmentally sound manner.
To that end, we guarantee that:
- The price we quote will be the price you pay. There are no hidden extras.
- We will do the job we promise to do.
- We will arrive on time, clear your house or property carefully and efficiently, and as quickly as possible, and leave it clean and tidy.
- We will have full regard to environmental issues in every part of our operations.
Commonly Asked Questions And Enquiry Examples
Free Quotation and Advice
For free advice and a no obligation quotation, call us free on 0800 567 7769, or contact us.